Potomac Shores Golf Course Lot Home Just Listed
16960 Takeaway Lane, Dumfries Virginia 22026
16960 Takeaway Lane, Dumfries Virginia is no FOR SALE at $645,000. Located in the only RESORT STYLE living community close to Washington DC. This home backs to the public Jack Nicklaus Golf Course and is an original tidewater designed home only built-in Potomac Shores.
Take a quick virtual tour. Then give us a call to schedule a physical showing where you can get a tour of the entire community. Potomac Shores in Dumfries Virginia offers homeowners a front porch living lifestyle where all the homes are designed in a Tidewater Style neighborhood that offers amazing amenities. Where neighbors socialize together at community events, classes, the gym, and social gatherings.
This home features five bedrooms, four and half baths, and three finished levels of luxury from top to bottom. All three floors have 9 ft ceilings. From the moment you pull up to this home, you can tell it has been loved by the current owners. It has awesome street appeal, and when you walk in you immediately feel at home. The dark rich hand-scraped engineered floors throughout the main level, and up into the upper foyer and into the master bedroom.
The kitchen is dreamy! It has a huge bakers island, upper glass cabinets, ceramic tile backsplash with under cabinet lighting. You get a pantry, a garage foyer entry, a half bath on the main level, an office, and the kitchen, breakfast room and family room are open to one another and have wooded views. You also have access to a huge Trex deck that offers very nice views of the 14th hole on the public Jack Nicklaus Golf Course. So nice. The lower level is finished with a fully equipped media room, a lower level family room, a full bath and a fifth bedroom with a walkout basement to a rear patio.
The upper level of this floor-plan is awesome. Four large bedrooms all with big closets. The master bedroom has dual closets and a luxury bath. The second and third bedroom share a bath and the fourth bedroom upstairs ( the princess suite has it’s own full bath and walk-in closet on the front of the upper level. Best of all you also get a full walk-in laundry room on the bedroom level. The floor-plan is called a Mary Peake. Only about two dozen Mary Peake models were sold when there were built. The ones that are on perimeter lots have brick to grade on three sides. That is a rule here at Potomac Shores. If a home can be seen from the golf course they must have brick to grade on the lower foundation surround.
Let’s talk about why you might want to consider buying a home in Potomac Shores.
- These are Energy Smart Built Homes:
- James Hardie Siding
- Whole house suppression systems ( sprinklers)
- Low Elite windows
- Energy Star Appliances
- This equals lower utility bills and lower Homeowners Insurance quotes. The average cost for heat & electric is $225 a month, and the cost of homeowner’s insurance is under $1000 annually. Those are huge savings compared to an older home
- Potomac Shores Amenities:
- High-Speed Internet 150/150 is included in the $180 per month HOA Fee
- The State of the Art Gym at the Fitness Barn is included in the HOA Fee
- The Resort Style Social Barn at The Shores Club is included. Along with all the social events, weekly classes, gatherings.
- This is a resort-style community. If you have taken a cruise and have seen the pamphlet that is slid under your door explaining “What’s Happening Today” then you will understand. Residents get a monthly email list of upcoming events, club schedules and gatherings, and class schedules. Classes: Pilates, Yoga, Spin, Ti-chi, Art, Craft, Beer and Wine Meetups, Cigar Club, Astrology, Swim parties, and the list goes on and on.
- Miles of Trails await you here
- The Jack Nicklaus Golf Course is open to the public
- Future Town Center and Potomac Shores VRE Station ( as of now…2022 is what we are hearing)
Learn more about 16960 Takeaway Lane Dumfries Virginia, 22026.